About & Credits

Image credit: The background photograph of a mother holding her daughter during a Mothers of the Plaza de Mayo protest in Argentina, 1982 was taken by Adriana Lestido.

Many thanks to Dr. Stuart Voss (SUNY Plattsburgh) for sharing his history role play experiences, his syllabi, and the majority of references in my Role Play Bibliography. Thanks also to my masters thesis advisor Dr. Susan Besse and my Pace colleague Dr. Andrea Fernandez, whose lesson plans and syllabi I have adapted for this course. And last but not least, I am also grateful to my SALALM colleagues Paloma Celis Carbajal (NYPL Curator for Latin American, Iberian, & U.S. Latino Collections) and Sarah Aponte (Chief Librarian at the CUNY Dominican Studies Institute Archives and Library) and to artist Lourdes Bernard for partnering with me on guest lectures and workshops this semester.

My name is Daisy DomĂ­nguez. I’m the Information Literacy Librarian at The City College of New York (CCNY) Libraries as well as an Adjunct Professor in the History Department of CCNY. My subject areas are History, Latin American and Caribbean Studies, and Spanish and Portuguese Literature. E-mail: ddominguez@ccny.cuny.edu  | CUNY Academic Commons Profile